The Hills Grammar School is known as a centre for excellence in professional learning and teaching practice. We attract and retain the highest quality staff from all over the world who relish the opportunity to work in a highly professional, academically rigorous and collegial learning community.
Current educational research clearly indicates that it is teachers who are the major influence affecting student learning. It also establishes that professional learning is required to continuously improve teacher effectiveness and in turn, considerably enhance student learning outcomes.
At The Hills Grammar School, every teacher from ECEC to Year 12 is engaged in professional learning which encourages the application of innovative and effective learning pedagogies in the classroom.
Our staff are presented with a number of opportunities, through programs and innovations which include:
- A dynamic learning community
- Teachers as professionals: Leaders in Learning
- Valuing staff capabilities and creativity
- Attracting the highest quality staff
- Best practice in professional learning
- A comprehensive internal professional development program
- Expertise in teacher accreditation
- Inclusive collegial mentoring program
- School and university partnerships
- Staff scholarship program
- Sharing advanced pedagogies in open classrooms
Past Staff Community
Past staff who wish to remain in touch with former 'Hills' colleagues and students can become members of our alumni website, TOHGA Online [The Old Hills Grammarians Association].
Employment at The Hills Grammar School
To find out about vacancies at The Hills Grammar School and what we offer our staff, please visit our employment page