Working at The Hills Grammar School - Leader in Learning
The Hills Grammar School seeks to appoint staff who demonstrate the highest professional skills and the ability to actively support the ethos of the School. Every member of staff actively contributes to the culture of the School and is encouraged to contribute towards the success of the core student learning programs: academic, student wellbeing and co-curricular.
The School encourages each student strive for excellence in scholarship, personal development and citizenship and in doing so, invests in the professional learning of all staff. The Hills Grammar School prides itself on providing teachers with professional learning support and collegiality.
Appointed staff have access to
- Knowledge of how the school operates and the systems in place for student management.
- Time for new teachers to prepare teaching programs in advance with the help of their department Head and faculty colleagues.
- Special privileges which provide the time needed to make the transition to the new workplace.
- Classrooms which are well designed with air-conditioned, modern furniture and state-of-the-art teaching and learning resources. Teaching spaces provide an ICT rich environment with computers, data projectors plus dedicated audio visual technology.
- Professional learning opportunities, support, resources and facilities, including well-appointed Faculty staffrooms, study desks, their own laptop and phone, lunchroom and kitchenette and the vital resources for lesson preparation research and communication.
Ongoing strategic professional development is a crucial component of achieving high quality teaching and learning. At Hills, all teachers share in managed and meaningful professional learning opportunities, which are personalised and aligned with the standards of the NSW Institute of Teachers, the Independent Schools Teacher Accreditation Authority and The Hills Grammar's own strategic goals. A Director of Staff Development oversees this extensive 'best practice' program.
What We Offer
Teaching at The Hills Grammar School offers teachers the opportunity to
- Work with highly qualified, experienced and skilled colleagues in one of Sydney's leading contemporary Independent Co-educational Schools.
- Focus on the art of teaching and to facilitate the learning of co-operative students in small classes.
- Enjoy the challenges of innovative curriculum development and work in well resourced learning environments.
- Seek accreditation with the NSW Institute of Teachers through a well managed and clearly articulated process.
Please click here to view current vacancies at The Hills Grammar School