Leader in Learning
To prepare students for the future by providing a supportive co-educational and non-denominational learning community where each student is encouraged to strive for excellence in scholarship, personal development and citizenship.
To empower our students for leadership in the 21st Century: accomplished, confident and able to achieve their potential through-
- Higher-order thinking skills and a deep understanding over a range of academic disciplines
- Knowledge of the world and an understanding of global citizenship and the importance of an international perspective
- Lifelong learning and the skills to adapt to constant change
- Commitment to humanitarian values with a genuine willingness to promote social justice and inter-cultural understanding
- Personal responsibility, good health and resilience
- Leadership and service in stewardship of the environment and building a sustainable future
- Appreciation of democratic processes and an ability to contribute to the development of society.
In seeking to build and develop a strong and vibrant learning community we recognise that people are our greatest asset and as a result our values are people centred and humanitarian in nature.
At The Hills Grammar School, ethical behaviour and respect for students, staff and parents are reflected in our relationships and community life.
The School’s ethos, policies and practices are based upon the following core values: Acceptance, Accountability, Excellence, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity, Respect, Service.