The Co-curricular Program
The Co-curricular program at The Hills Grammar School is an integral part of the whole school curriculum. There are wonderful opportunities for students to develop their skills and interests across a broad range of activities including:
- Creative and Spoken Arts
- Leadership and Service
- Outdoor Education
These activities take place before school, during lunch and after school with further weekend commitments in some areas.
The central aim of the program is to broaden the development and interests of each student through the provision of a wide range of purposeful activities in Music, Sport, Leadership & Service and the Creative and Spoken Arts.
Aims of the program are:
- to foster and develop student leadership
- to encourage and develop co-operation, responsibility and ‘team’ work
- to develop a sense of belonging and school spirit
- to foster good rapport between staff, students and parents
- to inspire students to strive for excellence in all areas of endeavour
- to provide opportunities for parents, ex–parents and ex-students to contribute to the School
- to establish links with the wider community and develop relations with various groups
- to provide opportunities for students to achieve success in a diverse mix of interests.
For further information regarding our co-curricular program, including a list of available activities, please download our Co-curricular Program guide (PDF).
The Outdoor Education Program Brochure (PDF) can be downloaded here.